We are in Aserradores about 40 min from a town called Chinandega in northern Nicaragua on the Pacific side.
This is only for the keen or the frugal- it can take a while!
- The “chicken bus” leaves El Mercadito, Chinandega at about 12.20 pm or from the nearby town of El Viejo (taxi from Chinandega to there is $3) at just before 3 pm.
- It costs about a dollar and you may be charged a $1-2 dollars for your boards.
- Important- ask to get off at “Joes Place e Aleyda” (Lu Portuguese).
- From the airport: Our trusty taxi connection in Managua will be waiting for you (after you give us your flight details) and will be holding a sign that says “Aserradores”. The trip costs $100 – $110 total from the airport to Joe’s Place and takes around two and a half hours. ($125- $150 for a larger taxi (microbus) for four people or more)
- From Leon: Joe can organize a door to door taxi pick up for $50-60. It takes around one hour and a half.
- From Chinandega: Joe can organize a door to door taxi pick up for $20 It should take around 45 minutes.